Kansas sheriff, deputy arrested in Wyandotte Co.
OTTAWA, Kan. — The sheriff and a deputy from Franklin County, Kan., were arrested on Wednesday and booked into the Wyandotte County jail.
Franklin County Sheriff Jeff Curry and Deputy Jerrod Fredricks were arrested at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Curry faced charges of official misconduct, in addition to interference with a law enforcement officer with Frederick.
Both posted bond sometime Wednesday evening.
Sources tell FOX 4 the arrests came after an investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
A court date is set for sometime in March.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370