Kansas sheriff, deputy arrested in Wyandotte Co.
OTTAWA, Kan. — The sheriff and a deputy from Franklin County, Kan., were arrested on Wednesday and booked into the Wyandotte County jail.
Franklin County Sheriff Jeff Curry and Deputy Jerrod Fredricks were arrested at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Curry faced charges of official misconduct, in addition to interference with a law enforcement officer with Frederick.
Both posted bond sometime Wednesday evening.
Sources tell FOX 4 the arrests came after an investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
A court date is set for sometime in March.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Miley's illness, allergic reaction disappoints St. Louis fans too