Kansas sheriff, deputy arrested in Wyandotte Co.
OTTAWA, Kan. — The sheriff and a deputy from Franklin County, Kan., were arrested on Wednesday and booked into the Wyandotte County jail.
Franklin County Sheriff Jeff Curry and Deputy Jerrod Fredricks were arrested at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Curry faced charges of official misconduct, in addition to interference with a law enforcement officer with Frederick.
Both posted bond sometime Wednesday evening.
Sources tell FOX 4 the arrests came after an investigation by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
A court date is set for sometime in March.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet