Temptations singer Richard Street dead at 70
(CNN) — Former Temptations member Richard Street has died, his widow told CNN Entertainment on Wednesday.
The 70-year-old soul and R&B singer died early Wednesday at St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Las Vegas, Cindy Street said.
Richard Street experienced back pain and breathing difficulties Friday. When he went to a hospital, doctors found he had a clot in a lung, she said.
“He was really fighting for his life,” she said. “He’s a fighter.”
He is the second former Temptations member to die this month. Singer Damon Harris died February 18 in Baltimore. “They’re dancing up there in heaven, him and Damon,” Cindy Street said. “I’m in disbelief right now.”
“He was part of black history. He was always proud of that. He sang on a lot of those classic songs: ‘Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone,’ ‘Hey Girl,’ ‘Heavenly,’ ‘Superstar,’ ‘Masterpiece.’”
Last fall, Street performed 45 concert dates in Europe, she said.
Street is survived by his wife of seven years and four children: Richard “Ricky” Jr., Nicole, Brandy and Brandon.
Funeral services are tentatively scheduled for next week in Cypress, California, she said.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'