Massive tree squashes Grain Valley cars
OAK GROVE, Mo. – Talk about your really bad luck. An Oak Grove, Mo., man lost not one — but two cars in this week’s snow storm and 56-year old Mike Tracy never left his driveway.
“”Unbelievable smashed, that’s all I can say is smashed.”
Tracy’s two cars, a 1998 Honda Prelude and a 2004 Chevy Malibu, were both flattened by a pair of massive trees.
“When it hit it it caused everything to go out in the house, lights, heaters, everything so we all knew it happened at the Same time, just a big crash,” said Tracy.
The falling trees took the power line down between the house and the utility pole. It took two days for workers to restore power.
“I just wanted to know if they wanted to buy a car but they didn’t seem to think that was funny,” said Tracy.
Sadly, Mike only has liability insurance for his cars, not comprehensive and the homeowner’s insurance says the car damage isn’t covered. In addition, Mike’s job is to clear snow for a private contractor so he’d have plenty of work this week except that he has no way to get to work.
“There’s nothing but dirt, glass and smash,” said Tracy.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident