Melting Pot to hold fundraiser for victim of JJ’s blast
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Melting Pot of Kansas City, 450 Ward Pkwy., will hold a memorial fundraiser for former employee Megan Cramer, who was killed in the JJ’s explosion on Feb. 19 at the Country Club Plaza.
The event will take place on March 10 from 4 to 10:30 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the Cramer family to help cover the cost of Megan’s funeral arrangements.
Cramer worked at the restaurant for almost a decade before leaving in fall 2012, the restaurant said.
The fundraiser includes a four-course dinner and glass of wine. A silent auction will also be available that evening until 8 p.m., featuring items from other businesses in the Country Club Plaza.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident