Officer shoots self in foot during lockdown at Conn. college
(CNN) — A police officer responding to reports of a man with a gun on the campus of a community college shot himself in the foot, Manchester, Connecticut, police said Wednesday.
The officer had successful surgery but remains hospitalized, Lt. Jeff Mapson said. The circumstances of his wounding were not immediately known.
The school, Manchester Community College, was placed on lockdown after reports of a man with a gun on campus.
Authorities were unable to find any such person and the lockdown was lifted Wednesday evening.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering