‘Suspicious death’ investigated by KCPD at park
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A body was found in a burned-out truck at a Kansas City, Mo., park Thursday evening.
A 911 call just after 6 p.m. led police to Blue Valley Park, near 27th Street and Topping Avenue where they found a burned-out truck with a body inside.
The fire was out when officers arrived to the scene.
Initial reports indicated it was being investigated as a homicide, but police now say they are calling it a “death investigation.”
Anyone with information is urged to call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering