Update: Police standoff ends, suspect not home
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff involving a man whom police suspected of being armed ended after police learned he was not home.
Sgt. Marisa Barnes with the Kansas City Police Department said they received a report of a disturbance around 7:45 Thursday night at a home in the 8700 block of E. 7th St., which is just south of East Winner Road and Blue Ridge Boulevard. According statements given by neighbors, police had reason to believe an armed man was inside.
Around 2 a.m. police made contact with a woman and 4-year-old child who were inside the home. The suspect was not located.
No other information was immediately available.
- Police find the bodies of 7 deceased infants inside woman's home
- Fans tweet #MadMiley faces after "Bangerz" concert is canceled
- Mother of 14-year-old killed in hate crime gives touching statement about her son and father
- WATCH: Hilarious flight attendant offers free inflight entertainment
- Man known to FBI, Frazier Cross Jr. suspected of hate crime murders of three people