Update: Police standoff ends, suspect not home
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff involving a man whom police suspected of being armed ended after police learned he was not home.
Sgt. Marisa Barnes with the Kansas City Police Department said they received a report of a disturbance around 7:45 Thursday night at a home in the 8700 block of E. 7th St., which is just south of East Winner Road and Blue Ridge Boulevard. According statements given by neighbors, police had reason to believe an armed man was inside.
Around 2 a.m. police made contact with a woman and 4-year-old child who were inside the home. The suspect was not located.
No other information was immediately available.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident