Update: Police standoff ends, suspect not home
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police standoff involving a man whom police suspected of being armed ended after police learned he was not home.
Sgt. Marisa Barnes with the Kansas City Police Department said they received a report of a disturbance around 7:45 Thursday night at a home in the 8700 block of E. 7th St., which is just south of East Winner Road and Blue Ridge Boulevard. According statements given by neighbors, police had reason to believe an armed man was inside.
Around 2 a.m. police made contact with a woman and 4-year-old child who were inside the home. The suspect was not located.
No other information was immediately available.
- WATCH: Terrifying pileup shows the danger of exiting your car after an accident
- College student, 18, killed in accident involving ice and semi on I-435
- Claustrophobic woman claws her way out of bathroom
- Watch: Possible abduction caught on tape
- Father: Some kind of cord was trapping his sons in their room during deadly fire