UPDATE: Twin sisters ID’d in double suicide at park
SHAWNEE, Kan. — Twin sisters killed themselves in a shooting Wednesday afternoon at a park in Shawnee, Kan. as part of a “suicide pact,” Sheriff Frank Denning said.
The sisters have been identified as Sharon E. Bartley and Susan E. Howard, both of Johnson County, Kan.
The incident happened at Mill Creek Streamway Park near Shawnee Mission Parkway and Barker Road around 3 p.m. Wednesday.
The bodies of Barltey and Howard were found about 150 yards into the park on a trail.
A visitor to the park alerted a Park Police officer to the scene.
Neighbors told FOX 4 they reported hearing “several” gunshots around 3 p.m.
The area is popular to people who run and jog, neighbors said.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet