Five Simple Tips to Launch Your Spring Weight Loss efforts
- Weight Watchers 360 Materials
- Healthy snack options like fruits and veggies, air popped popcorn, etc
- Dish with patterned border vs regular plates
- Smart Phone, Tracker
- Small Dark Chocolate, Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds
- Chickpea and Feta Salad
- Tennis shoes, Active Link.
- Spring Clean for Weight Loss Success: Clean out your environment for greater success. Take some time to set yourself up for success by bringing the healthy foods you need into your home and either getting rid of tempting foods or putting them out of sight. Pull out the smaller plates or ones with patterned borders. The designs help to visually reduce the size of the dish, encouraging you to serve –and eat-less.
Props: Healthy snack options like fruits and veggies, air popped popcorn, etc
Dish with patterned border vs. regular plates
- Track: Record what you are eating in a way that makes sense to you. These days you could do it in a myriad of ways from paper and pen, to an app, to simply taking photos of every meal you eat. The added accountability and data can lead to greater success. Weight Watchers 360° mobile app, available to Weight Watchers members and online subscribers, makes tracking food a breeze. With the new Snap & Track feature, you can literally take a picture of your food and drinks and it will integrate right into the app’s Points Plus® tracker.
Props: Smart Phone, Tracker
- Say no to deprivation: Make sure not to cut out the foods you love. Jennifer Hudson eats chocolate every day. She knows how to manage chocolate because she ate it as she lost weight. Had she cut it out she would have struggled to manage it once at her goal. It is all about portions and moderation.
Props: Small Dark Chocolate, Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds
- Avoid boredom. Challenge yourself to try a new recipe or food each week. This will increase your “repertoire” of go-to foods and make you more knowledgeable about the impact those foods have on you. Here is a great Weight Watchers staple recipe: Did you know: Chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) are the most widely consumed legume in the world. And a great source of protein?
- Get Active. Understand that all movement is good movement. Resolve not to start too big, rather start small and allow yourself to celebrate every added step or minute of movement. Shake up your walking routine by using Google Maps to scope out new streets to stroll down. Take time to find the right time for you to be active.
To help with motivation, Weight Watchers teamed with Philips to create ActiveLink™ exclusively for its members. It’s the first and only activity monitor and web experience that translates your movements to activity PointsPlus® values. ActiveLink allows users to set personalized goals, seamlessly track their activity routines – from walking the dog to hitting the gym – to help them reach their goal of becoming more active over time.
Props: Tennis shoes, Active Link.
Close: Weight Watchers 360° is systematically yet simply designed to put you in control of your eating and exercise choices, and to help healthy living become second nature. Our program, digital tools and meetings are more robust and interactive than ever before. Come in now to visit a meeting for free. Visit weightwatchers.com for the meeting nearest you.