Boy, 10, leads police on chase, wrecks mom’s car
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. — A 10-year-old boy who was mad at his mom took off with her car and led police on a short chase Sunday morning.
According to Independence Mo., police, the boy’s mother caught him smoking and got mad at him. That’s when the boy grabbed his mother’s car keys and drove off.
The frantic mother called 911.
Police said they spotted the car, with the boy driving, headed southbound on 291 Highway and began to clear a path so he would not hit anyone. Officers said they also followed at a distance as to not “spook” the child.
At one point, the child swerved and tried to hit police, but missed. The boy wrecked the car at 291 and 40 highways where he was taken into custody.
No one was hurt in the incident.
Listen to the dispatch tapes below released by police.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit