Burned body found inside vehicle in Cass County identified
CASS COUNTY, Mo. — Police have identified the man found in a burned, partially submerged vehicle on Monday in Cass County, Mo., as George Wood, 27, of Belton, Mo.
Deputies with the Cass County Sheriff’s Office were in the process of removing the car from Bittern Bottoms Conservation Area around 1 p.m. when they discovered Wood’s body inside the car. His body appeared to have been burned.
Authorities said on Thursday there were no signs of foul play, adding that it may take several weeks for a final report on lab and forensics tests.
The cause of death is still under investigation, pending test results from the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Bittern Bottoms Conservation Area is located at East 307th near St. Rt. DD southwest of Harrisonville, Mo.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet