Burned body found inside vehicle in Cass County identified
CASS COUNTY, Mo. — Police have identified the man found in a burned, partially submerged vehicle on Monday in Cass County, Mo., as George Wood, 27, of Belton, Mo.
Deputies with the Cass County Sheriff’s Office were in the process of removing the car from Bittern Bottoms Conservation Area around 1 p.m. when they discovered Wood’s body inside the car. His body appeared to have been burned.
Authorities said on Thursday there were no signs of foul play, adding that it may take several weeks for a final report on lab and forensics tests.
The cause of death is still under investigation, pending test results from the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Bittern Bottoms Conservation Area is located at East 307th near St. Rt. DD southwest of Harrisonville, Mo.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss