Burned body found inside vehicle in Cass County identified
CASS COUNTY, Mo. — Police have identified the man found in a burned, partially submerged vehicle on Monday in Cass County, Mo., as George Wood, 27, of Belton, Mo.
Deputies with the Cass County Sheriff’s Office were in the process of removing the car from Bittern Bottoms Conservation Area around 1 p.m. when they discovered Wood’s body inside the car. His body appeared to have been burned.
Authorities said on Thursday there were no signs of foul play, adding that it may take several weeks for a final report on lab and forensics tests.
The cause of death is still under investigation, pending test results from the Medical Examiner’s Office.
Bittern Bottoms Conservation Area is located at East 307th near St. Rt. DD southwest of Harrisonville, Mo.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop