What does the red equal sign mean on Facebook, Twitter?
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — If you’ve been online in the past 24 hours, you may have seen a red equal sign as people’s profile photos on Facebook and as their avatars on Twitter.
The Human Rights Campaign, which advocates rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, has been promoting the pink over red equal sign in lieu of their normal yellow over blue background. It’s in response to the Supreme Court beginning their hearings on gay marriage Tuesday in Washington, D.C.
The logo is HRC’s symbol for equality.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident