What does the red equal sign mean on Facebook, Twitter?
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — If you’ve been online in the past 24 hours, you may have seen a red equal sign as people’s profile photos on Facebook and as their avatars on Twitter.
The Human Rights Campaign, which advocates rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, has been promoting the pink over red equal sign in lieu of their normal yellow over blue background. It’s in response to the Supreme Court beginning their hearings on gay marriage Tuesday in Washington, D.C.
The logo is HRC’s symbol for equality.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering