Nine-car accident slows morning commute on Northbound I-35
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A multi-car accident caused a major traffic backup Wednesday during the morning commute.
The accident happened around 6:30 a.m. on Northbound I-35 past Southwest Blvd./Mission Road in Kansas City, Kan. Nine vehicles were involved. The vehicle suspected of causing the chain-reaction wreck was a van that rolled over in the accident.
Three people were injured and taken to the hospital, however the extent of injuries are unknown at this time.
Ice is believed to be a factor, however the investigation continues.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering