Man threatens to jump from bridge, backs up traffic at 75th and I-35
MERRIAM, Kan. — Traffic flow was back to normal Sunday night after an incident involving a man who was threatening to harm himself.
Earlier in the evening, police blocked off west bound traffic on 75th Street at the I-35 intersection
Merriam, Lenexa and Overland Park Police all rushed to the scene. Drivers were slowly re-routed.
Holiday traffic was especially heavy in the area with some people driving to and from Easter activities.
Police were able to talk the man down from the bridge about 8:00 pm Sunday.
“We’re happy we were able to get him to come in without him hurting himself or anyone else,” Lt. Mike Daniels of the Merriam Police Deparment told FOX
Remember, you can get help for a depressed or suicidal loved one.
The National Suicide Prevention telephone number is (800) 273-TALK.
You can also reach the National Hopeline at 1-800-SUICIDE.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss