Royals fall to 0-2 with 5-2 loss to Sox
CHICAGO — The game two match-up between the Kansas City Royals and the Chicago White Sox ended much like the first — with the Royals losing 5 to 2.
The Sox scored all their runs off homeruns with the first shot coming off the bat of Adam Dunn. Dunn homered on the first pitch of the second inning off Royals starter Ervin Santana to make it 1-0.
The Royals finally scored their first run in the season with the help of a fielding error by left fielder Dayan Viciedo on a single from Alcides Escobar. Chris Getz scored all the way from first to knot the game at 1-1 in the 3rd.
But the tie was short lived.
Tyler Flowers recorded his second homerun in as many game to put the White Sox back up 2-1.
It was all Chicago from there with the White Sox recording eight hits and five runs on three Royals pitchers. Santana gave up three homeruns through six innings while Luke Hochevar gave up 2 hits, including a homer and a single.
The Royals will have one more chance to collect a win on Thursday at 1:10 p.m C.T. as the White Sox wrap up the homestand.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor