Missing jogger’s body found in Overland Park
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. — Overland Park Police found the body of missing jogger Raheel Morani on Saturday afternoon in a wooded area just south of 164th Street and Quivira Road.
Morani’s family said he planned to be a doctor and was preparing to head to Chicago for his clinicals.
Morani, 24, was last seen just west of 162nd Street and Switzer Road Thursday around 5:30 p.m. when he left for a jog. He was reported missing on Thursday evening by his family.
“When he left he told his sister that he was going for a jog,” Morani’s father Marti told FOX 4 News.
“We are still puzzled as to what could have happened. We just don’t know,” said Inayat Noormodmad, a family friend.
Detectives are still on the scene and report they will be conducting a thorough investigation.
Family, friends search for missing OP jogger
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering