Girl safe, Amber Alert canceled for 5-year-old
GLADSTONE, Mo. — According to Gladstone, Mo., police, the 5-year-old girl who was at the center of an Amber Alert has been found.
Lili Justine High was found safe with a family member in the greater Kansas City metro area, police said. Police would not elaborate on where the girl was found.
It’s news her father couldn’t wait to hear.
“I’m so relieved. I’m so relieved,” he said.
Her mother was also found, however it is not known if the mother was with the child.
“Her [Lili's] mom is crazy,” grandmother Patti Winders said. “She does this all the time. She’s got two other kids she don’t even have. One dad’s got one and the other grandma’s got the other.”
At about 9 a.m. on Monday, police arrested a friend of the girl’s mother. Tami Kelley, who is also known as Tammi J. Lampkins, was arrested at an apartment complex about four miles away from where Lili was taken.
Lili’s father, aunt and uncle waited at the Gladstone Police Station Monday after Kelley was arrested.
“She is loved. She is her daddy’s pride and joy, his world,” said Amy High, Lili’s aunt. “They can drop her off at a fire station, drop her off at a police station. We just want her safe.”
“We just want Lili. Her dad just wants his daughter,” Eli High, Lili’s uncle.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident