Drunk man prompts brief school lockdown
SHAWNEE, Kan. — An intoxicated man prompted a brief lockdown early Tuesday afternoon at Monticello Christian Center School in Shawnee, Kan.
According to police, a drunk man was in the parking lot at the school near K-7 and 75th Street. The man did not have any criminal charges so we was taken home by police.
A short time later, police say the man walked back to the school and began banging on a door, which prompted the school to briefly go on lockdown.
The man never made threats, was not hurt and was never in contact with students or staff, police said.
Police did not release any other information about the incident.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"