Drunk man prompts brief school lockdown
SHAWNEE, Kan. — An intoxicated man prompted a brief lockdown early Tuesday afternoon at Monticello Christian Center School in Shawnee, Kan.
According to police, a drunk man was in the parking lot at the school near K-7 and 75th Street. The man did not have any criminal charges so we was taken home by police.
A short time later, police say the man walked back to the school and began banging on a door, which prompted the school to briefly go on lockdown.
The man never made threats, was not hurt and was never in contact with students or staff, police said.
Police did not release any other information about the incident.
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370