Three dead in Topeka: Police investigating double murder suicide
TOPEKA, Kan. — Police in Topeka are investigating a double murder suicide after they found three people shot to death inside a home at 712 SW Jewell on Friday night.
At about 9:14 p.m. on Friday night officers responded to a possible shooting on Jewell Avenue. Three people were found dead inside, all reportedly shot. Their identities have not been released as authorities try contact family members.
Detectives are currently conducting interviews and follow ups, some witnesses were taken to the police station for questioning. Investigators are collaborating with the Shawnee County District Attorney’s office to determine exactly what happened
FOX 4 will continue to update this story with new developments.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet