Three dead in Topeka: Police investigating double murder suicide
TOPEKA, Kan. — Police in Topeka are investigating a double murder suicide after they found three people shot to death inside a home at 712 SW Jewell on Friday night.
At about 9:14 p.m. on Friday night officers responded to a possible shooting on Jewell Avenue. Three people were found dead inside, all reportedly shot. Their identities have not been released as authorities try contact family members.
Detectives are currently conducting interviews and follow ups, some witnesses were taken to the police station for questioning. Investigators are collaborating with the Shawnee County District Attorney’s office to determine exactly what happened
FOX 4 will continue to update this story with new developments.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss