Decision made to close Christ the King Catholic School
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — At the end of this academic year, Christ the King Catholic School at 85th and Wornall Road, will close, ending almost 70 years of educating.
In a letter sent to parish families, the church blamed declining school enrollment and collections.
“The overall mood was just one of sadness and shock,” said Mary Pikell, a church parishoner. “I don’t think anyone could even contemplate the fact that it’s not going to be after the end of the academic school year.”
“It’s sad. It’s sad,” said one parent. “I think they’ll be fine. We just want the community to stay together… for them to be happy. And for the parents to be happy. A lot of the parents are really upset.”
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet