Road construction to begin in areas around Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Monday marks the beginning of Work Zone Awareness week and it’s perfect timing as several construction projects are getting underway in the Kansas City area.
Many of these projects will be in or near the Downtown Loop along I-35, I-70 and the 12th Street Bridge over I-70. The work includes bridge rehabilitation, redecking and in same cases, replacement, which will result in ramp and lane closures and detours for drivers.
Other major work zones include:
-1-35/I-435/Route 69 near Claycomo
-I-29 and Tiffany Springs Parkway in Platte County
-I-49 southbound ramp to Route 58 in Belton
In light of Work Zone Awareness Week, MoDOT and KDOT are reminding drivers to pay attention to orangle barrels, cones and signs and to slow down in construction zones. Their message for the week, “Move Over for Work Zones, Don’t Zone Out.”
Two Kansas City Public Works will also take place this season. They have been scheduled and coordinated to minimize traffic disruption, but they still will likely cause additional congestion in and around the downtown area.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store