Road construction to begin in areas around Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Monday marks the beginning of Work Zone Awareness week and it’s perfect timing as several construction projects are getting underway in the Kansas City area.
Many of these projects will be in or near the Downtown Loop along I-35, I-70 and the 12th Street Bridge over I-70. The work includes bridge rehabilitation, redecking and in same cases, replacement, which will result in ramp and lane closures and detours for drivers.
Other major work zones include:
-1-35/I-435/Route 69 near Claycomo
-I-29 and Tiffany Springs Parkway in Platte County
-I-49 southbound ramp to Route 58 in Belton
In light of Work Zone Awareness Week, MoDOT and KDOT are reminding drivers to pay attention to orangle barrels, cones and signs and to slow down in construction zones. Their message for the week, “Move Over for Work Zones, Don’t Zone Out.”
Two Kansas City Public Works will also take place this season. They have been scheduled and coordinated to minimize traffic disruption, but they still will likely cause additional congestion in and around the downtown area.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'