KC HandyPro’s DYI home tips for seniors
Kent Fischer from KC HandyPro shares some do it yourself home ideas for spring, especially geared for seniors.
- Grab bars — I have one typical, one toilet paper holder/grab bar and one fold down which are all easy to install.
- Security pole — It can be moved to anywhere in the house and can also be permanently attached.
- Floor mat — Rubber backed and low pile. These are used to help prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Adhesive strips for tubs and showers.
- Expandable hinges — Makes the door opening a little wider for wheel chairs and walkers
- 9-volt batteries for smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Help the senior in your life with replacing these every six months.
- Night light — For any room to help prevent slips, trips andfalls.