KCK man arrested, charged in Belmont murder
KANSAS City, Kan. – The Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Department has told FOX 4 News that Darrell Lee Broxton, 50, has been charged with first degree murder in the death of Peter Belmont.
Belmont, 69, was a well known dog breeder. He was found beaten to death in his home last December.
Broxton was arrested by authorities on Friday. He also faces charges of theft of property/services, and burglary.
Broxton is currently being held in the Wyandotte County Detention Center with bond set at $1 million.
Family boosts reward in KCK homicide
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor