KCK man arrested, charged in Belmont murder
KANSAS City, Kan. – The Wyandotte County Sheriff’s Department has told FOX 4 News that Darrell Lee Broxton, 50, has been charged with first degree murder in the death of Peter Belmont.
Belmont, 69, was a well known dog breeder. He was found beaten to death in his home last December.
Broxton was arrested by authorities on Friday. He also faces charges of theft of property/services, and burglary.
Broxton is currently being held in the Wyandotte County Detention Center with bond set at $1 million.
Family boosts reward in KCK homicide
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet