Recyling old electronics keeps metals out of metro drinking water
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — FOX 4 and our partners are trying to keep old electronics out of landfills.
The station joined the Kansas City Chiefs and Vintage Tech Recyclers for an event at Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday.
People brought everything from old cameras to old console televisions to be recycled.
“We recycle the plastics, the metals. We recover all the metals and we keep the hazardous waste out of the landfill, so basically we’re keeping lead out of your drinking water,” said Vintage Tech Recyclers’ Karrie Gibson.
Earth Day is Monday, April 22.
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Police are investigating after 1-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave