Jury picked in wrongful death lawsuit by Michael Jackson’s family
(CNN) — A jury of six men and six women has been chosen to hear the Michael Jackson family’s wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live.
Another six jurors must now to selected to serve as alternates in the trial, which is expected to last two or three months in a Los Angeles courtroom.
Jackson’s mother and three children are suing AEG Live, claiming the promoter was liable in the pop icon’s death in 2009.
The judge has not set a date for opening statements and testimony to begin, although it could happen later this week.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor