TSA seeks public opinion of full-body scanners
What do you think of those full-body scanners at the airport? The TSA wants to hear from you.
The TSA launched a 90-day comment period Monday that ends June 24. Thousands have already commented by Monday morning.
“This practice is invasive, unsafe, and does nothing to increase security. Stop treating our bodies like they are government property,” wrote one person.
Only a few of the comments were positive.
“I applaud the TSA for deploying these devices in the face of [limited] public opposition as they add another layer of security for the traveling public and replace obsolete technology [metal detectors] deployed in the 1960s for the detection of metal objects only,” said a different commenter.
To comment visit www.regulations.gov.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store