TSA seeks public opinion of full-body scanners
What do you think of those full-body scanners at the airport? The TSA wants to hear from you.
The TSA launched a 90-day comment period Monday that ends June 24. Thousands have already commented by Monday morning.
“This practice is invasive, unsafe, and does nothing to increase security. Stop treating our bodies like they are government property,” wrote one person.
Only a few of the comments were positive.
“I applaud the TSA for deploying these devices in the face of [limited] public opposition as they add another layer of security for the traveling public and replace obsolete technology [metal detectors] deployed in the 1960s for the detection of metal objects only,” said a different commenter.
To comment visit www.regulations.gov.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"