Lee’s Summit soccer coach charged with recording girls in nude
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — A 41-year-old Lee’s Summit man who coached youth soccer faces charges of child pornography after authorities say he secretly recorded girls changing clothes at his home.
According to the complaint filed in U.S. District Court, Joel D. White was arrested in March in Commerce City, Colo., on suspicion of theft.
Authorities accused him of stealing jerseys and memorabilia. During his arrest, police say they discovered he had several cameras and media memory cards. When they looked at them, they say they discovered images and videos of nude underaged girls.
At least two of the girls seen on the videos were on the soccer team White coached, according to the girls’ parents.
Police obtained a warrant and searched White’s home on April 22. When they questioned him, police say he admitted videotaping the girls without their knowledge and he also admitted to inappropriately touching one girl while she was sleeping. He admitted recording that molestation, police say.
The girls were all 11 and 12 years old.
White faces 15 to 30 years in prison if he’s convicted.
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering