Report: Boston bombers planned Times Square attack
BOSTON — (CNN) The surviving suspect in the Boston bombings has indicated that he and his brother planned to detonate explosives in New York City’s Times Square, a New York city official told CNN Thursday.
A senior law enforcement official also told CNN that the suspect indicated there had been a plan to bomb Times Square.
New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly had different information a day earlier. On Wednesday, he said some information collected from the suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, indicated that he and his brother may have planned to go to New York to “party.”
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor