Report: Boston bombers planned Times Square attack
BOSTON — (CNN) The surviving suspect in the Boston bombings has indicated that he and his brother planned to detonate explosives in New York City’s Times Square, a New York city official told CNN Thursday.
A senior law enforcement official also told CNN that the suspect indicated there had been a plan to bomb Times Square.
New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly had different information a day earlier. On Wednesday, he said some information collected from the suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, indicated that he and his brother may have planned to go to New York to “party.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter