Report: Boston bombers planned Times Square attack
BOSTON — (CNN) The surviving suspect in the Boston bombings has indicated that he and his brother planned to detonate explosives in New York City’s Times Square, a New York city official told CNN Thursday.
A senior law enforcement official also told CNN that the suspect indicated there had been a plan to bomb Times Square.
New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly had different information a day earlier. On Wednesday, he said some information collected from the suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, indicated that he and his brother may have planned to go to New York to “party.”
- Woman with Alzheimer's surrounded by death inside her house
- Teen tells Texas police: 'We are burying a body'
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: What we know and don’t know
- Woman charged after 2-year-old falls out of vehicle
- Oil slicks tested, determined to be from ships, not from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370