Messages of support brew controversy at HS
BASEHOR, Kan. — Local teens say they’re unfairly being kept from honoring a dead classmate.
Fifteen-year-old Shaelyn Hayes died in a car accident this week. Students say they began to write messages of support — but it’s where they wrote them that the school told them to stop.
FOX 4′s Mary Pulley explains.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet