Artichoke, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 1( 8oz). package sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk, divide
- 1 (8-ounce) carton egg substitute
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 (1 1/2-ounce) slices sourdough bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces 33%-less-sodium smoked ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute mushrooms in a skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Place 1 cup milk, egg substitute, and goat cheese in a blender; process until smooth. Combine goat cheese mixture, remaining 2 1/4 cups milk, black pepper, thyme, mustard, red pepper, and garlic in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add bread cubes; stir gently to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place half of the bread mixture in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange Parmesan cheese, ham, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts evenly over the bread mixture. Top with remaining bread mixture, and sprinkle evenly with provolone cheese.
- Bake strata at 350° for 40 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
- Calories: 379
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 1107mg
- Calcium: 331mg