Baseball player wrangles runaway squirrel with helmet
Squirrels can be cute. Or pesky — depending who you ask. They can also provide comedic relief if spotted on a baseball field during a game.
Such was the case during a recent matchup between Wichita State and KU.
But the runaway squirrel was no match for a quick-thinking Wichita player. He wrangled the critter using his baseball helmet and released him back into the wild (or at least off the field). The squirrel scurried across the street while the Shockers went on to lose to the Jayhawks 1-0.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College