Baseball player wrangles runaway squirrel with helmet
Squirrels can be cute. Or pesky — depending who you ask. They can also provide comedic relief if spotted on a baseball field during a game.
Such was the case during a recent matchup between Wichita State and KU.
But the runaway squirrel was no match for a quick-thinking Wichita player. He wrangled the critter using his baseball helmet and released him back into the wild (or at least off the field). The squirrel scurried across the street while the Shockers went on to lose to the Jayhawks 1-0.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"