Risks of over-the-counter sleeping pills
NORTH KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The month of May is Better Sleep Month.
Many people who have trouble sleeping turn to over-the-counter sleeping pills. But a doctor at North Kansas City hospital says products that contain diphenhydramine or doxylamine have risks that include mental impairment the following day.
Dr. Todd Hill talked with FOX 4 Medical Reporter Meryl Lin McKean about those pills and about melatonin and valerian as sleep aids.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet