MoDOT faces dismal 2014 budget
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — The Missouri Department of Transportation is facing an extremely tight budget this year and motorists could see the effects.
“It is not a good year for MoDOT,” MoDOT Chief Financial Officer Roberta Broeker said.
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission heard a dismal budget proposal from MoDOT at a meeting on Wednesday. It’s the smallest proposed since 2005.
Taking the biggest hit are construction projects, proposed at half a billion dollars less than 2010, meaning there is little room for expansion or improvement projects.
The 2014 budget will be approved at the beginning of June.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet