Two walk away from mangled wreckage, third seriously injured
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Speed may be to blame for an accident that left a car twisted and mangled near NE 56th and North Brighton in Kansas City, Mo. Officers said the occupants of the vehicle are lucky to be alive.
Police said the vehicle was traveling southbound on Brighton, possibly at a high rate of speed, when the driver lost control. The car flipped and landed on its top.
Two people walked away from the wreckage, a third person was trapped inside. Firefighters said the victim was bent in half but was coherent and talking. After removing the man from the vehicle he was taken to an area hospital with serious injuries but is expected to survive.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop