Educating your kids about finances
Math, science and history are all staples in the classroom. But there’s a growing conversation about making financial education part of our children’s mandatory curriculum as well.
However, until a decision is made on that front, it’s important for parents to take on the role as a financial educator.
Amy Guerich, a financial planner with Stepp & Rothwell, an investment and financial planning firm in Kansas City, appeared on Wednesday’s FOX 4 Morning Show to discuss some ways parents can educate their kids about money.
- Lead by example
- Putting money skills to the test – Allowance
- Wants versus needs & sacrifices versus choices
- Man killed, child seriously injured by gunfire at KC gas station
- Couple who recently celebrated 70th anniversary die within hours of one another
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering