Educating your kids about finances
Math, science and history are all staples in the classroom. But there’s a growing conversation about making financial education part of our children’s mandatory curriculum as well.
However, until a decision is made on that front, it’s important for parents to take on the role as a financial educator.
Amy Guerich, a financial planner with Stepp & Rothwell, an investment and financial planning firm in Kansas City, appeared on Wednesday’s FOX 4 Morning Show to discuss some ways parents can educate their kids about money.
- Lead by example
- Putting money skills to the test – Allowance
- Wants versus needs & sacrifices versus choices
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter