Push Across America: Ryan Chalmers inspires thousands in cross-country tour
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — He’s inspiring thousands with his trek across America. Day 40 of Ryan Chalmers’ ‘Push Across America‘ journey landed him at FOX 4 News in Kansas City. While most would be exhausted, cranky and blistered, Chalmers flashed a cheery smile and welcomed all who asked for an autograph.
Chalmers is a world-class athlete and 2012 paralympian pushing his wheelchair from Los Angeles to New York.
Why? Simply put, Chalmers wanted to inspire others.
“Able bodied or not, if you’re passionate and you set goals for yourself, you can accomplish anything,” he said in an interview with FOX 4′s Kim Byrnes and Nick Vasos.
Chalmers’ Push Across America is challenging him mentally and physically — and challenging others to not pass judgment on people in wheelchairs.
Chalmers will be available for a meet and greet at Barney Allis Plaza, located at 301 West 12 Street in Kansas City, Mo., from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, before he sets out Thursday to continue his journey to NYC.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'