American Idol crowns Candice Glover 2013 winner
Eat your words, Simon Cowell.
Candice Glover is the next American Idol. She is the first R&B singer to win since 2004, and the first woman to win since Jordan Sparks in 2007.
Glover auditioned in 2009 and 2011 before becoming the season 12 winner, beating out Kree Harrison.
Judge Simon Cowell once told her he didn’t see her being more than a lounge singer. Well, now, the white-hot, national spotlight is on her. And it’s just the beginning.
“My dream came true tonight, and I just can’t even tell you how I feel right now,” Glover said. “‘Cause people are talking to me, and I’m like staring off into space because I’m still trying to wrap my mind around it.”
Glover hails from St. Helena Island, S.C., and made a strong connection with season 12 runner-up, Kree Harrison.
Glover said the were both big supporters of each other.
“The whole time we were up there, I was telling her I love her no matter what,” Glover said referring to the final announcement. “I was rooting for Kree, and she was rooting for me, so we were just happy either way.”
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet