Halls to close Plaza location next summer, move to Crown Center
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Halls department store announced Tuesday they will close their Country Club Plaza location next summer and move to a new, 60,000 square foot location at the Crown Center.
With a $10 million investment at the center, the new store will be the sole retail tenant on the third level of the Crown Center Shops and will feature the current Halls departments as well as an in-store café, Halls announced.
The existing Halls store inside Crown Center will close early next year to allow for construction for the new store, the company said.
“It is exhilarating to be a part of the ongoing revitalization of both Crown Center and downtown Kansas City. Halls operated out of several downtown locations for 50 years before opening the Plaza store in 1965 and the Crown Center store in 1973. As the store evolves into the new Halls, we will transcend the traditional retail landscape, creating instead a vibrant, one-of-a-kind shopping destination,” said Halls President Kelly Cole.
Current tenants on the third floor of Crown Center will meet with the company about the individual store’s plans, a message said on their website.
Below is a look at the proposed store:
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet