‘Late Night in the Phog’ set for Oct. 4
LAWRENCE, Kan. — Though it’s still four months away, it’s never too early to start thinking college basketball at the University of Kansas. This year, the 29th Annual Late Night in the Phog is set to begin earlier than ever on Oct. 4.
The 2013 edition of the unofficial start to the college basketball season for Kansas will coincide with the Kansas football homecoming weekend and K Club Weekend when the Jayhawks host Texas Tech at Memorial Stadium on Oct. 5.
The Oct. 4 date is earlier than past Late Nights as the NCAA recently moved the start of fall men’s basketball practice up by two weeks. Traditionally, the first men’s practice of the season has come on or around the weekend of Oct. 15.
Women’s basketball practice moved to an earlier start to practice two seasons ago.
- Teen killed in accident on I-435 identified
- Police believe body found in Lawrence is that of missing graduate student
- Paraplegic woman defies the odds and challenges; loses 275 pounds
- Feds say maker of Android flashlight app collected info, gave to advertisers
- Belton restaurant apologizes for sign about scalping Redskins