‘Late Night in the Phog’ set for Oct. 4
LAWRENCE, Kan. — Though it’s still four months away, it’s never too early to start thinking college basketball at the University of Kansas. This year, the 29th Annual Late Night in the Phog is set to begin earlier than ever on Oct. 4.
The 2013 edition of the unofficial start to the college basketball season for Kansas will coincide with the Kansas football homecoming weekend and K Club Weekend when the Jayhawks host Texas Tech at Memorial Stadium on Oct. 5.
The Oct. 4 date is earlier than past Late Nights as the NCAA recently moved the start of fall men’s basketball practice up by two weeks. Traditionally, the first men’s practice of the season has come on or around the weekend of Oct. 15.
Women’s basketball practice moved to an earlier start to practice two seasons ago.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident