Missing teen’s body found not far from where his boat capsized
NEAR LA TOUR, Mo. — Friends recovered the body of Brian VanMeter, 18, the teenager who disappeared underwater Sunday when his boat capsized on Big Creek near Harrisonville.
VanMeter was out with two friends when the boat hit something and took on water. His two friends made it to shore, but rescuers have been searching all week for VanMeter.
No one was wearing a life jacket. Friends said Brian was not a good swimmer.
His body was found about 150 yards east of where the boat flipped.
VanMeter was from Kingsville, Mo. Friends say VanMeter was a hard-worker who helped run his family’s farm.
“It’s terrible. I want the family to know that even though we don`t know them, that our family is praying for them and lots of other families that they don`t know are too,” said Lori Kresse.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering