Missing teen’s body found not far from where his boat capsized
NEAR LA TOUR, Mo. — Friends recovered the body of Brian VanMeter, 18, the teenager who disappeared underwater Sunday when his boat capsized on Big Creek near Harrisonville.
VanMeter was out with two friends when the boat hit something and took on water. His two friends made it to shore, but rescuers have been searching all week for VanMeter.
No one was wearing a life jacket. Friends said Brian was not a good swimmer.
His body was found about 150 yards east of where the boat flipped.
VanMeter was from Kingsville, Mo. Friends say VanMeter was a hard-worker who helped run his family’s farm.
“It’s terrible. I want the family to know that even though we don`t know them, that our family is praying for them and lots of other families that they don`t know are too,” said Lori Kresse.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter