Man charged after caught having sex with girl, 16
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Lovey Love, a 23-year-old Kansas City, Mo., man, faces statutory rape charges.
According to court documents, the victim’s mother found her daughter and Love having sexual intercourse.
“I walked in the room and saw her and a 23-year-old guy in actual act of having sex, I flipped, I really did, I flipped, that was the last thing I was expecting to see,” said the girl’s mother, who is not being named because the child is underage.
She went on to say, “I went to my kitchen and got two knives basically I was in survival mode, I was going to slit his throat, because of what he was doing to my daughter.
Her daughter is 16 years old. Love told detectives during questioning he’d known her for about a year and “assumed she was legal”.
The mother says she’s disappointed in her daughter because she “taught her better”, but is standing by her side.
Love is being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet