Rare two-faced kitten becomes viral hit
by Shelby Brunk
A rare two-faced kitten was born on June 11 at 6:11 a.m. Deucy, as owner Stephanie Durkee named her special feline, was born with four eyes, two noses and two mouths.
Durkee took her kitty to the local veterinarian immediately after birth, and although the condition is rare, all organs are in good condition.
The condition of a two-faced cat is often called a “Janus” cat. In previous instances, cats have seemed to live normal lives. However, complications can appear later on in the life of the cat, as so happened in Feb. 2012 when Harvey Dent was born, who died days after birth.
Although Harvey did not beat the odds, Frankelouie decided to back in 2011. He was also a two-headed Janus cat who broke the Guinness Book of World Records by living to be 12 years old.
Durkee is hopeful her special kitten will survive a long and healthy life.
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Missouri cop charged with rape, supplying intoxicants to minor
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Three taken to hospital in bus accident
- Students file lawsuit against Wright Career College