Teen football player sacrifices summer for help from fmr. Chiefs lineman
SHAWNEE, Kan. — A high school football player at Maranatha Academy is sacrificing a summer’s worth of sweat for a little help from former Chiefs offensive lineman Ryan Lilja.
Sam Welch, a sophomore at Maranatha Academy, made an agreement with Lilja. Welch would mow his yard every week all summer if Lilja would attend one of his high school football practices in hopes of bettering the team.
Lilja said yes. Watch the video for details on this story.
- Rapper Andre Johnson in stable condition, doctors reportedly unable to reattach severed penis
- KCPD Chief: Highway shootings suspect in custody
- Man who lost girlfriend in fatal highway accident shaken and confused
- Man drowns in swan attack, wife files lawsuit
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering