Teen football player sacrifices summer for help from fmr. Chiefs lineman
SHAWNEE, Kan. — A high school football player at Maranatha Academy is sacrificing a summer’s worth of sweat for a little help from former Chiefs offensive lineman Ryan Lilja.
Sam Welch, a sophomore at Maranatha Academy, made an agreement with Lilja. Welch would mow his yard every week all summer if Lilja would attend one of his high school football practices in hopes of bettering the team.
Lilja said yes. Watch the video for details on this story.
- Mark Alford raises his hand to show he was among the millions hacked
- Man comforted by police actions in the aftermath of wife's murder
- Photo released of officer's condition after shooting assault suspect
- Warrensburg police arrest men suspected of kidnapping mom and young son from Walmart
- Pick pocket thief posed as a disabled man in a grocery store