Teen football player sacrifices summer for help from fmr. Chiefs lineman
SHAWNEE, Kan. — A high school football player at Maranatha Academy is sacrificing a summer’s worth of sweat for a little help from former Chiefs offensive lineman Ryan Lilja.
Sam Welch, a sophomore at Maranatha Academy, made an agreement with Lilja. Welch would mow his yard every week all summer if Lilja would attend one of his high school football practices in hopes of bettering the team.
Lilja said yes. Watch the video for details on this story.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- No sign of Malaysia Airline wreckage; questions over stolen passports
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store