Teen football player sacrifices summer for help from fmr. Chiefs lineman
SHAWNEE, Kan. — A high school football player at Maranatha Academy is sacrificing a summer’s worth of sweat for a little help from former Chiefs offensive lineman Ryan Lilja.
Sam Welch, a sophomore at Maranatha Academy, made an agreement with Lilja. Welch would mow his yard every week all summer if Lilja would attend one of his high school football practices in hopes of bettering the team.
Lilja said yes. Watch the video for details on this story.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet