Garlic Scape Pesto
Take advantage of garlic scapes while you can — they will only be at farmer’s markets for a few weeks in June.
- ½ lb.garlic scapes
- ½ – ¾ cups walnuts – toasted optional
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ – 1 cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut garlic scapes into 2-inch pieces.
- Place scapes & walnuts in food processor bowl. Process until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and cheese and pulse until combine.
- With food processor running, add olive oil until mixture is spreadable.
- Serve as a dip with pita chips, crackers, vegetable crudité, or toss with warm pasta.