Police chase ends in three-car accident
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A police chase ended in a three-car crash Monday morning at 63rd and S. Benton in Kansas City, Mo.
Police said they spotted a van speeding near 71 Hwy and Gregory. They followed the vehicle and determined it was stolen. Near 63rd and Benton, the driver of the van lost control and rolled the vehicle just before 8 a.m.
“I come down and I see this accident — hysterical,” said Bernard Carpenter whose niece was in one of the vehicles. “She was at the stop sign waiting to turn and these cars came out of nowhere and they hit her.”
Police said the driver of the stolen vehicle had to be removed from the wreckage. He was taken to the hospital where he underwent surgery but is expected to be okay. Carpenter’s niece was taken to the same hospital and treated for glass-related injuries. The third person involved in the accident was taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Police said the driver could face charges including driving a stolen auto and failing to stop for police among others.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter