2 treated for heat exhaustion during field trip
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — At least two teens on a field trip with the Boys and Girls Club had to be treated for heat-related symptoms on Wednesday.
SEE ALSO: Get latest FOX 4 forecast
The group was visiting the Department of Conservation in Lee’s Summit when the teens fell ill. Paramedics gave the teens ice packs and fluid.
Everyone in the group was taken back to the Boys and Girls Club for the rest of the day.
The club said they make a day-by-day decision if they go on field trips or stay at the shelter for the day.
The teens are OK, the club said.
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Following autopsy, police release one additional detail about body of baby found in Warrensburg cave
- Man chases a $20 down a storm drain, gets stuck underground for two days
- Reward increases to $10,000 if you can point to thieves who stole guns from Bass Pro Shop