2 treated for heat exhaustion during field trip
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — At least two teens on a field trip with the Boys and Girls Club had to be treated for heat-related symptoms on Wednesday.
SEE ALSO: Get latest FOX 4 forecast
The group was visiting the Department of Conservation in Lee’s Summit when the teens fell ill. Paramedics gave the teens ice packs and fluid.
Everyone in the group was taken back to the Boys and Girls Club for the rest of the day.
The club said they make a day-by-day decision if they go on field trips or stay at the shelter for the day.
The teens are OK, the club said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- 86-year-old WWII veteran being sued by country club over property
- Boy sings gospel song until kidnapper can't stand it anymore, tells him to get out of car
- 19-year-old finds her birth mother using Twitter