2 treated for heat exhaustion during field trip
LEE’S SUMMIT, Mo. — At least two teens on a field trip with the Boys and Girls Club had to be treated for heat-related symptoms on Wednesday.
SEE ALSO: Get latest FOX 4 forecast
The group was visiting the Department of Conservation in Lee’s Summit when the teens fell ill. Paramedics gave the teens ice packs and fluid.
Everyone in the group was taken back to the Boys and Girls Club for the rest of the day.
The club said they make a day-by-day decision if they go on field trips or stay at the shelter for the day.
The teens are OK, the club said.
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps off building, but survives
- 79-yr-old dancer makes Simon Cowell stop yawning and start cheering
- Video: Train selfie goes terribly, terribly wrong
- Husband allegedly shoots wife after she was on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- Overland Park woman charged with rape of a minor