Nikita to return Friday to KC Zoo exhibit
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Nikita is ready to return to his “rock star” status in the Polar Bear Passage, the Kansas City Zoo said Thursday.
Nikita will be on exhibit again beginning Friday at 9 a.m. He is now eating, drinking and “being a 1,000 pound polar bear again” after being treated the past week for gastrointestinal discomfort.
“Assessing what is ailing a 1,000 polar bear is not a simple task,” the zoo said. “It is a process of elimination and a collaboration of many. The Zoo’s veterinary team and Zoo Keeper team provided Nikita his VIP TLC throughout his treatment.”
The zoo also thanked everyone for their support.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss