Nikita to return Friday to KC Zoo exhibit
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Nikita is ready to return to his “rock star” status in the Polar Bear Passage, the Kansas City Zoo said Thursday.
Nikita will be on exhibit again beginning Friday at 9 a.m. He is now eating, drinking and “being a 1,000 pound polar bear again” after being treated the past week for gastrointestinal discomfort.
“Assessing what is ailing a 1,000 polar bear is not a simple task,” the zoo said. “It is a process of elimination and a collaboration of many. The Zoo’s veterinary team and Zoo Keeper team provided Nikita his VIP TLC throughout his treatment.”
The zoo also thanked everyone for their support.
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- Family falls ill after eating LSD-laced steak from well known store
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- Mummified woman found in backseat of her car in garage, likely died six years ago
- Sister: Mother who drove with children into ocean thought there were 'demons'