Nikita to return Friday to KC Zoo exhibit
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Nikita is ready to return to his “rock star” status in the Polar Bear Passage, the Kansas City Zoo said Thursday.
Nikita will be on exhibit again beginning Friday at 9 a.m. He is now eating, drinking and “being a 1,000 pound polar bear again” after being treated the past week for gastrointestinal discomfort.
“Assessing what is ailing a 1,000 polar bear is not a simple task,” the zoo said. “It is a process of elimination and a collaboration of many. The Zoo’s veterinary team and Zoo Keeper team provided Nikita his VIP TLC throughout his treatment.”
The zoo also thanked everyone for their support.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet