Man shot, killed overnight in Kansas City
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Mo., police are investigating the third homicide in three days after a man was shot and killed overnight. Police said they’re still looking for a suspect.
Residents in the area of Budd Park, near St. John and Hardesty, told police they heard gun shots around 2 a.m. Monday. Shortly after, a family living on St. John and Drury called police and reported that a man suffering from a gunshot showed up at their house crying for help.
By the time police arrived, the man had died from his injuries. While police know where the victim died, they are still searching for the shooting location.
Police said this is the 52nd homicide in Kansas City this year. It’s the most Kansas City has seen since July 1, 2009.
Anyone with information about any homicide in Kansas City is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816.474.TIPS.
- Mohammed Whitaker charged with Kansas City highway shootings
- Judge to convicted murderer: "I hope you die in prison"
- Find out your Easter bunny name
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss