Woman with heart for the homeless recognized, given $300
After a man she knew froze to death on the streets, Judy Christensen made it her mission to help the homeless of Kansas City, Mo. Because of her friend Tom’s death, Judy Christensen started Tom’s Mission in Kansas City.
“When she started working for James B Nutter she would drive past homeless people on her way to work and found that we’re all one paycheck away from being homeless,” said Cody Flores, friend. “She has put together this homeless project, all by herself and out of her own pocket.”
Because of her sacrifice, Christensen was nominated by Flores to be the recipient of FOX 4′s Pay It Forward program, earning her $300.
Christensen was surprised by the gesture and said she would use the money to feed more people.
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- British woman says she wants abortion for better chance at starring on "Big Brother"
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet