Man, woman arrested in Canadian terror plot
A man and a woman have been arrested on terror charges and are accused of plotting to use explosive devices in Victoria, British Columbia, on Canada Day, James Malizia of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said at a news conference Tuesday.
According to the Toronto Sun, John Stewart Nuttall and Amanda Marie Korody have each been charged with knowingly facilitating a terrorist activity, conspiracy to commit an indictable offence and possession of an explosive substance.
Both are Canadian-born citizens. Police would not say whether they are linked to any terror groups.
According to RCMP, the plot stretches back five months.
Read more from Toronto Sun.
- Prosecutors: Man was drunk, speeding Monday afternoon when he caused deadly crash that killed husband, father
- Indian surgeons find 12 gold bars in man's stomach
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter
- Suspect with 'murder' tattooed on neck worried it could hurt his trial
- Crime scenes in Lawrence may all be linked together by a hatchet